Saddle stitching is one of the common ways of bookbinding, and is suitable for mass publications where the print volume is small, the binding quality requirements are unknown, and the print production cycle is short and the cost is low.
Prepress process design requirements
To ensure the binding quality of books and periodicals, the pre-press design of the saddle-stitching process should be completed according to the production equipment and technical characteristics of each printing company.
1. Qi head and Qi foot make up
Judging from the situation of equipment for the saddle-stitched linkage line, Qitou and Qipin can all meet production requirements. Therefore, design layouts should be crowded as far as possible in the direction of book eyebrows and date codes to ensure stable quality of bound products.
2. Increase the edging (folding) size
After the normal saddle-stitched product is bound, the three sides need each 3mm edge, such as the paper relying on chains, belts, and guide rails to drive and position: sets of posts, receiving posts, and the signatures of the posts will be beaten when cutting (usually 0.5 to 1. 0mm, rejection angle is 1 ~ 2mm), the reason is riding a book on the chain, belt, guide rail drive positioning, set stickers, close, cut book stickers beat larger (usually 0.5 ~ 1.0mm, rejection angle 1 ~ 2mm), light edge size increases, to prevent the occurrence of binding, shrinking and other binding failures
If the paper format does not allow, you can cut more than 0.5-1 at the end of the folded surface (head or foot). Omm. In the prepress production, it is necessary to pay attention to increasing the cut to meet the construction requirements.
(1) Take a large 16-piece open finished product (297mm X 210mm) as an example, make a head-to-head make-up version, cut the mouth to 4mm for the head, 3mm for the foot, 5mm for the book mouth, and the fold is 304mm X 21 5mm, and the large version 608mm X 860mm Can fully adapt to sheetfed offset press, web press printing. When using a rotary machine to print text, the flush end cut can be increased to 5mm, and the entire large format is 61 2mm X 860mm. Printing with a sheet-fed offset press requires consideration of layout cuts, cuts, and paper format matching.
(2) Take a 32-inch double-split and a single-finished product size of 184mmXl 30mm as an example. Double-imposed puzzle construction, Qitou-pian, bleeding setting: 5mm on top of the joint heavenly sky, connected with the foot of the heavens The foot is 3mm, the floating mouth is 5mm, the double fold is 382mm X 133mm, the large version is 64mm X 532mm, also can adapt to the sheetfed offset press and rotary press printing, if it is for the full version of the graphic bleeding, Consider the use of printed garnishes to compensate for the lack of paper format (bleed size can be 3-4mm, where the oversize area is left blank, so that the print can be borrowed).
3. Graphic location design
(1) If the total thickness of the signature is less than or equal to 2mm, the problem of creeping may not be considered when saddle stitching is used; when it exceeds 2mm, the book block shall check the thickness of the paper and the position of the graphic and text, especially when the number of printed pages is large, the thicker paper is required to be designed. It is good to creep to prevent the non-bleeding texts in the middle signatures from being cut at the time of binding due to the accumulation of processing errors.
If you use the imposition software, you can enter the total amount of creep and then the computer will control the page-by-page creep. If you use manual imposition, you should set the paper thickness to creep. Large 1mm can be.
(2) Since the saddle-stitching book of the saddle-stitching standard configuration is generally 6, there are only 6 posts that can be automatically put on the post, and books with more than 6 posts generally adopt the manual and the method of hanging out the post, and the labor intensity is relatively large and the quality cannot be improved. Effective monitoring.
For example, the printing order of the text of a 16-page publication is: before the color insertion P1 - P6, the text P1 - P48, the middle color insertion P1 - P8, the text P49 - P96, the later color insertion P7 - P1 2, the color insertion and the text Paper is not the same, according to the normal design of 9 posts, there are 4 posts need to manually match posts. Due to the large number of copies of this book, there are nearly 300,000 copies. The text P1 to P96 has been changed to a double paper rotation method. Each sticker is 2 printed sheets. The total number of books can be controlled to be 6 posts, making the saddle stitching linkage line. It can run smoothly. Such a job can be successfully completed within 60 hours on the LGD8D saddle stitching linkage line. Therefore, saddle-stitching signatures can generally be printed on a double-passage printing machine (70 g/m2 or less) as much as possible using a rotary printing machine, which can increase production efficiency.
(3) According to the characteristics of saddle stitching, under the condition that creep has been taken into consideration, the non-bleeding image should be more than 3mm away from the book mouth. If the rotary printing press is used, it should also increase 2-3mm on the basis of the aforementioned requirements to prevent excessive errors caused by the rotary printing folding machine causing accidental cutting of continuation or non-bleeding images.
(to be continued)
Battery Operated Ride on Toys,Kids Toy Cars,Electric Toy Cars For Kids,Riding Toy Cars,Wholesale Toy Cars
Shanghai LULU Toy Car Co., Ltd. , http://www.lulu-toycar.com